Monday 30 November 2015

Devastating Death

How would you manage after losing your children to an accident? How would you survive the death of your children? One minute, you are a family of five and now its just you and your spouse.

In Red Deer, Alberta, sisters Catriona (Catie) Janine Bott, 13, Jana Nicole Bott, 11, and Dara Janisse Bott, 11, suffocated after they were buried in canola seed inside a truck on October 13, 2015.

Those parents lost their 3 daughters at one moment. I could never imagine how they feel.

Or for the couple who lost their 3 children and father in a car accident in Vaughan on Sunday, September 27 with a drunk driver. The children were nine-year-old Daniel Neville-Lake, his younger brother Harry, 5, and two-year-old sister Milly.

“So far it’s been like a dream – very surreal, as if you can catch glimpses of the children out of the corner of your eye, or you hear them,” Jennifer Neville-Lake said in an interview with CP24.

I can't imagine that loss. Smack and your life is upside down. Your whole life changes. Everything you originally thought is destroyed. Every plan you made, every decision, every hope for the future is derailed. I just shake my head wondering how those parents will manage.

I've been pretty lucky in life when dealing with death. A friend in high school was hit by a train and that affected everyone in grade 11. I had a boyfriend in Australia die from a grand mal seizure. I wasn't with him at the time and I've always felt guilty about that. And I remember holding my grandfather's hand as he died.

I truly believed that if anyone could return from the dead it would be Houdini. If anyone could trick death, I thought he could. But he didn't come back. I guess I'll just have to die to find out what's next, but that will hopefully occur far down the road.

What are your thoughts on death?

have fun,
Patty
www.pattylesser.com
@PattyLesser

No comments:

Post a Comment