Wednesday 12 March 2014

Never Ending Winter

Is this winter ever going to end? Last night, it started snowing again and it hasn't stopped all day. At least a foot by now. Yes, it is very pretty all fluffy and white covering everything in sight, but then you have to shovel it. Well, I should be honest and say that I don't have to shovel because I live in a townhouse complex and our shovelling is done for us by a company we've hired. And luckily, I can put my Ford Focus in the empty garage to save it from being drowned in snow.

Everyone you talk to will admit that they are sick of winter. It began rather early for us this year with a snow dump in November. Usually, we have a thaw before Christmas, but this year we didn't so everyone was happy to have a white Christmas. But, it didn't stop there. We had many snow days and freezing temperatures all during January and February and now March. Unfortunately, no thaw or reasonable temperatures arrived and we received no respite from this harsh winter.

Now if you snowmobile or ski, you will love this winter. The snow base on mountains in the area is deep at around 80 cm. Great for skiing. But I don't ski anymore nor do I have a snowmobile. Therefore, all I can do in winter is hibernate. It makes for many great days to stay inside and just write. Days like this, I get a lot of work done. Finished a short story which I will soon post on my website. I hope you will enjoy it.

Have you been to my website recently? There are a couple of new sections; such as, Patty's Appearances and Reviews. At the moment, four signings have been scheduled for Chapters' bookstores in the area. Check it out and come and meet me. I'll even autograph a book for you.

Also, a few reviews have been posted about Locker Rooms. They are all great and I hope they encourage you to buy my novel.

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com
@PattyLesser



No comments:

Post a Comment