Thursday 20 March 2014

Hospitals

Unfortunately, my father has been in the hospital for the last couple of weeks due to pneumonia and the poor amount of oxygen in his blood which causes him to become very tried. He is on oxygen now and will probably have to return home with it. He is not a young man so, of course, every illness is much more difficult and takes longer to become cured. He is improving well and we hope he will be able to come home soon.

Funnily enough, I pass by two hospitals on the way to where my father is hold up. It is across the city and up onto the mountain (or escarpment). It's an easy drive and luckily a friend lives near the hospital. I can park in her driveway while I visit my father. I don't know why, but there is never any parking available near a hospital. I wonder why there isn't more available places to park while attending at the hospital. Sure there is a parking garage but it costs a fortune to park there. Crazy eh?

Luckily, I have never had an illness requiring me to remain in hospital for long. And I have no idea how I would stand it if I had to stay in hospital. Today, I couldn't wait to leave when my father excused me. I had to get out. I was feeling claustrophobic and all that ill health made me sick. Felt so much better when I reached the cold spring air.

Well, its spring but it sure doesn't feel like it. We had spotted flurries today which didn't amount to anything, but it's still cold. I am now wearing my spring jacket in protest. Winter is over and I won't put on my winter coat again. It is spring so I will just sport a jacket from now on.

On Saturday, March 22nd, 2014, Chapters Oakville is hosting a signing for me. I hope anyone who lives in the area would attend and I would be happy to sign Locker Rooms for you.

have fun
www.pattylesser.com
@PattyLesser


No comments:

Post a Comment