Friday 1 November 2013

Halloween

Last night was Halloween and, of course, I have to blog about it. It was my favourite day of the year when I was a child. I loved dressing in costumes and going from home to home asking for candy. I would map out the neighbourhood and make the most direct and convenient plan so that I would reach each house without having to retrace my steps at any point.

Within my route, there were a few houses which were special to me; especially this lovely old woman who reminded me of the witch in Hansel and Gretel. She lived in a small white house and would provide us with these fantastic caramel popcorn balls. They were delicious and the best treats. You can't do that today because people only give out store bought candy which is a pity. When I was a child, many homes offered home cooked treats. Another house on my route handed out candy apples. Also delicious.

Unfortunately, it rained heavily last night and the children were not able to have a dry experience. I felt sorry for the kids. Some went out but returned home soaking wet. I wonder how many have colds today.

I was invited to a Halloween party at a friend's house where our dogs were invited too. For some reason, Kira (my dog) didn't like Isaac who tried to placate her with kisses, but it didn't work. Kira wouldn't stop barking. After some time, she calmed down. All the dogs got along extremely well. It's so much fun being able to go to a party with your dogs. Always something to talk about. Two of the dogs were extremely sweet with each other as Isaac laid his head on Lucy's legs as they slept.

The friend who hosted this party is an amazing cook and prepared lots of delicious food for us to eat. There was enough for an army. I rolled home.

Hope you had a great Halloween!

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com

No comments:

Post a Comment