Sunday 8 September 2013

The Writing Course

Pushing myself to be a little creative today. Woke up early this morning. I put on and took off the mask for the CPAC machine a couple of times and it broke. Getting something to fix it until I can get a new one, but it stopped me from going back to sleep.

Well, I'm really pleased about yesterday. My alarm clock was set for 7 am at which time I rose from my bed not feeling exhausted or wasted. It was amazing. Within a few minutes, I was ready to start the day. I have never felt like that before. In the past, rising at an early hour was almost impossible for me. It has been easier since I started with that CPAC machine. I watched Skyfall (not bad but want to watch it again before I give my rating) and then took a shower before I left the house at 9 am.

I misjudged the time it would take for me to reach the location of my writing course which was in a room in a church. Arrived a half hour early. Brian, the course instructor, was there and he remembered me even though I haven't taken a writing course from him in maybe five years or more. The class filled up all and on time. It was a good group of all women except for one man (an unemployed wimp though he wrote well). Most of them had a main job and writing was just a hobby. Everyone hoping to write a book.

The purpose of the workshop was to write great dialogue and I found it rather basic. Oh I did learn a few things and I am glad I went, but I doubt I will attend anymore of his courses. They are excellent for those interesting in writing. You do finish the day feeling quite creative eager to write.

Today (and until it is finished), I will work on Locker Rooms. Luckily or not, I have nothing much planned for the rest of September. Therefore, I have all the time in the world to finish correcting my novel. No pressure except from myself.

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com

No comments:

Post a Comment