Friday 19 July 2013

Next Stage

This afternoon I received a telephone call from the publishers to say that they had been through my book Waiting for Love Online and there are no legal issues with it. I could have told them that but I guess they have to do it. Now my manuscript goes to the editors to check for spelling, grammar, content, etc. This process will take 2-3 weeks and then I will know if there are any corrections needed or ways to improve my book. I look forward to their comments.

Four days to go ... but until what? I forgot to mention why I had to wait these days until I would be able to sleep. On Tuesday, I will be provided with some kind of mechanism that goes over my nose and will allow me to sleep. I am allowed to try the device for a month for free. If it works and I wish to continue using it, I have to pay for it. Not sure how much it costs but no matter what it is, I have to pay it. If it helps me sleep, then its a keeper.

Believe it or not, but my cat is outside all day lying on the patio stones just in front of my back door. She just lies there all day. I check on her every hour offering her the possibility to come in but she just puts her head back on the stone and goes to sleep. It is difficult to believe she is 19. I adopted her from the SPCA when she was 6 months old. She was found alone in a parking lot.

Emma is a very sweet cat. She is only 5 pounds so she looks like a kitten. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her since she eats and poops well. In addition, there is nothing abnormal in her behaviour except for the fact that she likes to sleep outside in 40 degree weather. Is that normal for cats? I don't know much about cats even though I've had Emma for a long time. I'm more a dog person.

When Emma was 7 years old, I adopted Kira, my dog. Emma was terrified of Kira and hid under the bed for 3 months. I felt terrible. After 3 months, Emma finally came out from under the bed but wouldn't leave the bedroom for another 3 months. It took about 3 years for Emma to relax around Kira. Now they are the best buddies and so cute together. Kira sometimes wants to play but Emma doesn't play, but they nose each other and Kira often licks Emma. I've tried to get pictures of this but it happens so fast.

I love animals and I am very lucky to have the two that I have. I'm not the most active person and luckily my pets are of the relaxed nature as well. I love them dearly and it will be very upsetting when they die but, when they do, I don't plan on adopting any pets for a while. I need a break from the responsibility. I am used to being free and having pets really ties you down. I look forward to being free again.

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com

No comments:

Post a Comment