Thursday 2 May 2013

Impatience

Patience is a virtue with which I have difficulties. For the past few years, I have always been waiting for something or someone. I waited patiently for all the publishers and agents to reply to my letters to them. I waited patiently for a few men in my life. But, I'm not a patient person. The sense of waiting swirls around in my empty mind and requires confidence to remind me that there is nothing you can do but wait. It is out of my control which is difficult to accept. I love planning things which I cannot do while I'm waiting so it's like having your hands tied behind your back.

I'm feeling impatient now for my book to be available on Amazon and to receive the copies I have ordered so that I can get out and begin introducing myself to the world. I don't enjoy just sitting here waiting. I want to make plans and get organized to sell my book, but I have to wait. Ah.

In addition, I am waiting for my editor to complete her work on my second book, Waiting for Love Online, about my internet relationship with a Canadian sailor. I hope to correct any problems with the book and publish it as well, but that won't be for a while. I'm looking forward to getting that book out since it is an excellent representation of a typical online internet affair that many people go through. I hope people will identify with me and, therefore, enjoy the book.

While all this is going on, I am also working on my fourth book, That Truthful Place, about children who develop telepathy. It is a science fiction novel and I am enjoying writing it. It is completely from my imagination; even the characters. The people in my novels are completely imagined and do not resemble any person living or dead. They are all my creation.

It is amazing that May has arrived. Time is flying by, but finally the weather is warm and sunny.

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com

No comments:

Post a Comment