Friday 26 April 2013

All Day

During the whole day today, I was embroiled with proofreading my book: Shall We Chat? I must have traversed the complete book at least ten times. There were so many little corrections I had to make with the spacing and pages. In addition, every change I made, I had to go back and redo the table of contents which became a real pill. I must have changed the numbers in the table of contents 20 times.

It was very easy preparing my book for publishing with Kindle. Just follow the steps and behold its completed. However, with publishing it in book form, requires many more steps and concentration; especially the proofreading. Finally, at 5:30 pm, I completed the book. I have to wait now to receive an email to finish the process. I'm exhausted.

So, I'm relaxing with a game of poker online. I have been playing at Pokerstars since 2005. I try and play every day. A few months ago, I began playing with real money. No, I can't quit my day job but I enjoy playing and often at least make it to the money and win twice what it cost to play in the tournament. Usually, I play $2-11.00 tournaments.

Years ago, I played poker with some guys in Eastern Hamilton. We played in a bar for a year until that was closed down. Then we played in the basement of one guy's house. I did well coming 2nd and 3rd a few times. Then I required radiation therapy and was out of action for six months. When I was finally able to play again, the guys didn't invite me back. I was the only woman who played with them which I guess gave them reason to eject me from the game. I miss playing live.

It is a dream of mine to go to Las Vegas and play in a poker tournament. I have planned it out and it wouldn't be an expensive trip. I guess I would need about $1,000 which would cover my airplane ticket, hotel (Bally's at $33 a night), the tournaments ($60 buy in) and food. With luck and skill, I would hope to break even; however, I'm too realistic to take that chance. I can't afford to lose $1,000 right now.

Leafs are not playing tonight but the Blue Jays are playing the Yankees. I find baseball a little boring after watching hockey, but let's see if Toronto can win one. Wow there is no one in the stands in New York. Even the sportscasters sound bored.

So, now, I just wait for that email which will lead to finally publishing Shall We Chat? Revealing the Secrets of Chatting Online.

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com

No comments:

Post a Comment